PaidYou Limited (we or us) are committed to protecting your personal data and respecting your privacy.
- The PaidYou mobile application software and web application (App) hosted at [https://paidyou.co.uk/] (App Site), once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device) or accessed the App via our website.
- Any of the services accessible through the App (Services) that are available on the App Site or other sites of ours (Services Sites)
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. This App is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Important information and who we are
PaidYou Limited is the controller and is responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as "we", "us" or "our" in this policy).
Our full details are:
- Full name of legal entity: PaidYou Limited
- Name of data privacy manager: Rishi Kapoor
- address: email@example.com
- Postal address: Hollinwood Business Centre, Albert Street, Oldham, England, OL8 3QL
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), (the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues) or other competent supervisory authority of an EU member state if the App is downloaded outside the UK.
This version was last updated on 13th September 2019. It may change and if it does, these changes will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you when you next start the App or log onto one of the Services Sites. The new policy may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept the changes to continue your use of the App or the Services.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during our relationship with you.
The data we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data.
- Device Data.
- Usage Data.
- Profile Data
- (where you are a landlord, local authority, housing association, estate or letting agent only) Payment Data.
We explain these categories of data here.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How is your personal data collected?
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information (including Identity, Contact, Financial, and Marketing and Communications Data) you consent to giving us about you by filling in forms on the App Site and the Services Sites (together Our Sites), or by corresponding with us (for example, by email or chat). It includes information you provide when you register to use the App Site, download or register the App, subscribe to any of our Services, and when you report a problem with an App, our Services, or any of Our Sites. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
- Where you are using our web app as landlord, local authority, housing association, estate agent or lettings agent, you may also provide us with personal data in relation to your employees and should ensure that they are provided with a copy of this privacy notice.
- Information we receive from other sources including third parties and publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Device Data from analytics providers such as Google based inside or outside the EU.
- Supplier Data from www.openwrks.com (who are based inside the EU);
- Identity and Contact data from your landlord, local authority, housing association or their estate or letting agents;
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources; and
- Identity and Contact Data from your landlord and/or letting agent.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where you have consented before the processing.
- Where we need to perform a contract we are about to enter or have entered with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We will only send you direct marketing communications by email or SMS if we have your consent. You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
|Purpose/activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing|
|To install the App and register you as a user of PaidYou.||Identity|
|Performance of a contract with you for the provision of the App to you in accordance with the terms of the EULA.|
|To provide information to landlords, local authorities or housing associations and/or their letting agents in relation to your utility suppliers and bill payment status||Identity|
|Performance of a contract with you for the provision of the App to you in accordance with the terms of the EULA EULA.|
|To manage our relationship with you including notifying you of changes to the App or any Services||Identity|
|Performance of a contract with you|
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep records updated and to analyse how customers use our products/ Services)
Necessary to comply with legal obligations (to inform you of any changes to our terms and conditions)
|To administer and protect our business and this App including troubleshooting, data analysis and system testing||Identity|
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security)|
|(For landlords, local authorities, housing associations and letting agents only) to allow us to manage our relationship with you including invoicing and payment processing.||Payment|
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to deal with invoicing and payment processing)|
Necessary to comply with legal obligations (to maintain our tax and accounting records).
Necessary for our legitimate interest (debt recovery and collection).
Disclosures of your personal data
We may also share your personal data with the third parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table:
- Landlords, local authorities or housing associations of the property(ies) which you occupy;
- Estate agents or letting agents representing the above;
- Nova Command Limited who provide data processing services to us pursuant to our agreement with them;
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using Secured Sockets Layer technology or other technologies offering an equivalent level of protection. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator when we are legally required to do so.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
Our retention periods for other aspects of your personal data will be determined by us so that your personal data is not retained by us for longer than strictly necessary.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see your legal rights below for further information.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
In the event that you do not use the App for a certain period then we may treat the account as expired and your personal data may be deleted.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- if you want us to establish the data's accuracy;
- where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
You also have the right to ask us not to continue to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
You can exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us at the details set out at the beginning of this policy.
Description of categories of personal data
- Identity Data: first name, last name.
- Contact Data: email address and telephone numbers.
- Supplier Data: details of your utility and other suppliers and payment status of your bills from them.
- Payment Data: bank or payment card details or other payment details.
- Device Data: includes the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device).
- Profile Data: includes your username and password, your preferences, and feedback.
- Usage Data: includes details of your use of any of our Apps or your visits to any of Our Sites including, but not limited to, traffic data and other communication data.